Caution: Some of the Movies listed below are rated R and have inappropriate content.
1. Hangover: This film easily takes first place for best comedy films of this decade. Due to its plot perfection and amazing humor, this movie can unarguably take first place for comedies of this decade. Its popularity can defend that ranking. The Hangover, being the first of the series, is the funniest as it is the most original, but the entire series is perfect and although the second one was considered repetitive, it had all new jokes, settings, and situations that'll make you laugh just as hard as the first one. The third movie takes a whole new approach and is different than the other too. The whole series is worth your time watching and I can promise you that you will enjoy every minute of this movie.
2. Wedding Crashers: One of my personal favorites, Wedding Crashers offers a wide variety of entertainment including outrageously funny humor as well as a strong plot line that will keep you interested and invested throughout the whole film. This film is about two men who crash weddings in attempt to meet women, and everything is going well until one of them falls in love with one of the women he meets. Considering his identity is a lie to her, he is put in a tricky situation where he must fix the problems he has created for himself with the help of his best friend. Wedding Crashers is one of the better movies around and I can promise you that you will enjoy every second of this movie.
3. 40-Year-Old Virgin: The 40-Year-Old Virgin is a fantastic movie. It is very funny, and well directed. I will not go into details about the summary of this movie, but I think the title pretty much speaks for itself. Director, Judd Apatow does a great job with the plot of the movie keeping it entertaining as well as interesting making you want to hear more and more. This is another movie I promise will make you laugh.
4. The Ringer: The Ringer is a special kind of comedy. If you enjoy humor like this, you will love it, however, if you are offended by it, then do not watch this movie. It is about a young man who is facing money problems and his greedy uncle convinces him to "rig the special olympics". It is very wrong, and sounds very bad, but in the end, the man knows what he has done is completely inhuman and unfair and does serve consequences for the actions he does. I will stress again, if you do not like humor like this, then DO NOT WATCH IT. If you do enjoy it though, then you will think this movie should get a higher rating then four. If it weren't for how bad (Inappropriate wise) this movie was, then it would get a higher ranking. Director, Barry Blaustein went out on a limb with this film and did a very good job with it.
5. Trainwreck: One of the better comedy films released this year. Director, Judd Apatow does an amazing job because it is the perfect combination of comedy, sorrow, and love. Instead of relying on just comedy to entertain the audience, he is able to add enough drama without being a buzzkill to the humor. It is about two people who fall in love over a series of challenges. They are two kind of people that are just very different. The girl, Amy Schumer, is a girl who doesn't believe in relationships and sticks to only one night stands. She has a set of rules including never see the person again, which is ironic because one night she sleeps with a man she will be working with. So her rules must be broken and this leads to many awkward encounters as well as falling in love. I strongly recommend this comedy if you are looking for a good story with it